Connecting Young Professionals to Create a Positive Impact on Individuals with Disabilities.
Purpose of the Life Navigators Friends Group
The Life Navigators Friends Group is a group of young professionals dedicated to positively impacting individuals with disabilities through volunteering, fundraising and networking.
We are always looking for motivated young professionals dedicated to improving the lives of kids and adults with disabilities. Through community involvement, this group makes a direct impact now while developing connections for leadership roles in the future.
The Life Navigators Friends Group’s main initiatives include volunteering at events, sharing our work, developing community partnerships and coordinating essential supply drives. Members have the opportunity to participate in a variety of initiatives:
Emergency Need Drives
We collect emergency need items such as shampoo/conditioner, laundry pods, soap and $10 Walmart or Target gift cards to keep kids and adults with disabilities healthy throughout the year. Friends Group members host drives and continuously collect basic need items to keep our supply room stocked.
Fundraising & Networking Events
Our community partners make such an impact, and we join with local businesses for Charity of the Month opportunities such as Jeans Days, Cheers for Charity and Bingo Nights. Our volunteers enjoy attending our events in support of Life Navigators while networking with others dedicated to impacting kids and adults with disabilities.
Life Navigators is on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. Members actively follow Life Navigators on social media to share our work and the impact kids and adults with disabilities have on our community.
Life Navigators hosts monthly events for the individuals and families we serve. Many of our Friends Group members join us and volunteer for our Game Nights, volunteer outings and other opportunities. Friends Group members also volunteer at our major fundraiser, our Annual Challenger Event, a golf outing, dinner and auction to benefit kids and adults with disabilities.
Friends of Life Navigators
- Mark Andres – Davis & Kuelthau, S.C.
- Brittany Anthony – Wauwatosa School District
- Brett Bodenburg – OneEvent Technologies
- Natasha Bodenburg – Northwestern Mutual
- Allison Buchanan – Quarles & Brady LLP
- Joseph Bukowski – Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Kate Campana – Wauwatosa School District
- Zach Campana – Perlick Corporation
- Christine Culver – Community Volunteer
- Megan Huse – Marcus Performing Arts Center
- Lindsay Johnson – Mequon-Thiensville School District
- Adam Keller – Northwestern Mutual
- Stephanie Larson (Chair) – Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren
- Lauren Peter – Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- Megan Rindal – Elmbrook School District
If you are interested in joining the Friends Group or would like to participate in our events, contact Amanda Stahmann, Marketing & Development Manager, at 414-774-6255 or am****@li************.org.